As announced by ICANN today, the new gTLD Program Director Michael Salazar has resigned. Kurt Pritz has been appointed to take on direct oversight of the entire New Generic Top-level Domain Program in an interim capacity. He will assume the responsibilities of New gTLD Program Director in addition to his responsibilities as Senior Vice President for Stakeholder Relations. Pritz will remain in the interim role until a new Program Director is appointed.
The announcement goes on to say that “He is authorized to bring the full resources available to ICANN to bear on the application evaluation process to improve customer support, applicant communications, security and reporting.” Some applicants had pointed out that it takes ICANN more than five working days to respond to questions in the new gTLD program.
Kurt Pritz will be reporting to COO, Akram Attalah, in his new role in addition to his current responsibilities for which he reports to the CEO. In the announcement, ICANN also promises the introduction of “several new tools” that will “help applicants with any issues or questions about the evaluation process“.
- Internet Commerce Association Executive Director Resigns
- ICANN Publishes New Version of New gTLD Applicant Guidebook
- ICANN publishes new version of the gTLD Applicant Guidebook
- ICANN Offers new gTLD Applicants Refunds
- LogicBoxes targets ICANN Accreditation Program to Domainers